Want to know a quick and easy way to turn more of your store visitors into buyers?
Add a simple animated video to one of your pages.
You could do this on any page, but it’s really effective on the ‘About Us’ page or the ‘Delivery Information’ page.
So what should your video be about?
If it’s on the ‘About Us’page, you could create a short video to inform visitors about your company/product line/customer service. If it’s on the ‘Delivery Info’ page, you could create one that explains your delivery times/policies, along with information about returns and refunds.
Here are some ‘Do’s’ and ‘Don’t’s’ for your video:
- Make it an animated video because these have a lot of appeal and can be created for less than $20 on Fiverr.
- Make it under 90 seconds. 30 seconds is often long enough.
- Add upbeat music to the video
- Use fun and interesting characters in the video
- Make ‘whiteboard’ videos. Whiteboard videos have their place but can often end up looking ‘cheap’.
- Use ‘text-to-speech’. There is no ‘text-to-speech’ software on the market that doesn’t sound like a robot. In any case, voice may not even be necessary. Many short animated videos do a great job with just the animation and music.
- Make the videos longer than 90 seconds (unless you are making a product demonstration video).
- Spend days or weeks trying to make the video yourself. Instead outsource it for a few dollars by going to Fiverr.com
- Overdo it by adding too many animated videos to your website. One or two will add a touch of professionalism to your site and help to engage visitors. More than that and it get’s boring!